In this Frontline Plus Review, we will take a look at the Frontline Plus for Dogs and Frontline Plus for cats flea and tick treatment. The first part will be a review for the dog treatment follow by the cat treatment version.
>>Related article: 7 Best Flea Comb (for Cats & Dogs)
Frontline Plus has been around for almost 20 years and its products have been studied to begin flea killing for as soon as 4 hours after application. They are designed to kill fleas and ticks when they come into contact with the pet’s haircoat instead of through biting. On top of fleas and ticks, their formula also works on killing chewing lice.
>> Related Article: Advantage Flea Treatment Reviews
Frontline Plus for Dogs Review
Frontline Plus for Dogs Flea and Tick Treatment
The FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs is one of the more popular flea and tick treatment and protection product that’s been around for nearly 20 years. It features 2 main killing ingredients (fipronil & (S)-methoprene) which works hand in hand to provides both killing and preventive protection against fleas and ticks
>> Related read: Best Flea Spray For Home
It is able to kill fully grown fleas within 12 hours and each application also gets rid of pre-developed fleas (i.e. eggs, pupae and larvae). On top of the killing effect, each application also provide up to 30 days protection against new flea infestations on your dogs and puppies. On top of fleas, it also controls and protects against lice and tick.
Application is a simple 3 steps process:
To apply – 1) Remove the applicator from packaging using a scissors, 2) Hold the foil upright and snap off the applicator tip, 3) Part your dog’s hair between its shoulder blade and squeeze to apply the entire liquid solution content onto your dog’s skin (in a single spot).
- Kills fleas and ticks in all life cycle
- Stop development of all pre-adult fleas (eggs, pupae, larvae)
- Waterproof formula
- Fast acting killing
- Lasting protection (30 days)
- Monthly application
- Easy 3-step application process
Choose Your Dog Size:
Frontline Plus for Cats Review
Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens Flea and Tick Treatment
Similar to the dog’s version, the Frontline Plus for Cats flea and tick treatment is formulated to stop existing flea and ticks infestations and prevent any establishment of new possible attack.
>> Related read: 6 Best Flea Carpet & Rug Spray
Every application provides a full 30 days (1 month) protection for your cat and kitten against flea and ticks.
Here’s the simple 3 steps application process:
To use – 1) Simply remove applicator tube from package, 2) Hold the tube upright and break seal by twisting the cap, 3) Part the hair on cat’s back (between the shoulder blades) to expose skin before expanding all the treatment content onto your cat’s back.
- Provides fast acting killing
- Provides a full 30 days control
- Works on all life stages of fleas and ticks
- Prevents pre-adult fleas from developing
Things To Note
- Use the right product for the size of your dog/cat.
- Don’t apply on top of your pet’s hair coat.
- Avoid contact until treatment has dried.
- Prevent your dog/cat from licking or ingesting treatment content.
- No more than one application per month on the same dog.
- Remove any dog/cat collar before application.
- Pour content on same spot (between the shoulder blades) where treatment can’t be licked.
- Wait at least 24 hours before allowing dog/cat to get wet (i.e bath, swim, get in rain).
- Use the entire pack for a single dog/cat to get complete treatment dosage.
- Have pet standing for easy application.
>> You may also like: Best Flea Shampoo For Dogs, Best Flea Collar For Cats
More fleas might be seen when using Frontline Plus initially as they rise to the top of the haircoat as they die, this should not happen as you move along the process. It is also good to know that each application remains effective for 30 days even when pet is bathed for has gone for a swim.
>> Also read: Capstar Flea Tablet Review (for Dogs & Cats)
One thing we like about their product is that there’s no expiry date and will remain effective when product stays sealed and kept at room temperature.
It is recommended to start using Frontline plus at the 8 week mark of your pet. We do need to remind you not to be tempted to apply more than one treatment per month on your beloved pet as it will only do harm than good.
Have you tried using Frontline Plus products for your pets to guard against fleas and ticks before? What brand are you using currently or have tried before that works? Feel free to leave a comment to share with us.