Here are the best flea sprays for house that you can find in the market to help make your home flea free.
One of the most common and cost effective ways to get rid of fleas and ticks in the house and apartment is the use of flea spray. Not only do they provide instant killing, when applied in conjunction with other flea control methods, they can help reduce and even drive flea and ticks out of the house drastically.
>> Related article: Best Flea Fogger
- Vet Kem Siphotrol Plus II Premise Flea Spray
- Virbac Knockout E.S. Area Treatment Flea Spray
- Raid Flea Killer Plus Carpet & Room Spray
- Zoecon Precor 2000 Plus Premise Flea Spray
- BASF PT Ultracide Flea Insecticide Aerosol Spray
- Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray
- Enforcer Flea Spray for Homes
- Wondercide Flea and Tick Control Spray
1) Vet Kem Siphotrol Plus II Premise Flea Spray
The Siphotrol Plus II Premise Flea Spray features a fast acting formula that kills adults fleas and ticks within 10 minutes. Its PRECOR Pest Growth Regulator ingredient provides 30 weeks prevention of flea egg development.
Its water-based aerosol spray allows easy application and each unit can treat up to 2,000 square feet around the home and in the garage. It does not leave lingering odor or sticky mess after application, and has a carpet-penetrating formula that penetrates deep for the kill.
For carpet treatment – spray in a sweeping motion as directed, let spray sit before vacuuming the dead fleas and ticks.
- Fast-acting formula
- No lingering odor
- Non staining
- Leaves no sticky mess
- Contains carpet-penetrating formula
2) Virbac Knockout E.S. Area Treatment Flea Spray
The Virbac Knockout E.S. Flea Spray kills adult fleas and ticks, and provides a protection of up to 7 months. This spray reaches fleas hidden in narrow areas like the rug, carpet, cracks and crevices, and leaves no sticky mess or unpleasant odor.
Each spray unit can cover about 2,100 square feet of area.
- 7 month protection after treatment
- No unpleasant odor
- No sticky mess
- Does not stain furnishing
3) Raid Flea Killer Plus Carpet & Room Spray
This Flea Killer Plus Carpet & Room Spray by Raid is formulated to kill both adult and hatching fleas. Its key ingredients include tetramethrin, piperonyl butoxide technical and pyrethrins that kills on contact remains effective for up to 4 months of protection.
Application is easy thanks to the wide angle spray feature.
- Lasting kill of up to 4 months
- Kills fleas of all stages
- Wide-angle spray nozzle
- Spray also works upside down
4) Zoecon Precor 2000 Plus Premise Flea Spray
The Zoecon Precor 2000 Plus Flea Spray is a water-based spray designed to treat fleas around the house premises. On top of fleas and ticks, this spray is also effective against ants and cockroaches.
It contains both Permethrin and Phenothrin that effectively kills grown fleas, and its Precor IGR content penetrates deep into upholstery fibers and carpet where flea larvae and eggs live, to helps prevent reinfestation for up to 7 months.
Each aerosol spray unit can treat up to 2,000 sq ft. of area.
- Consist of killing and preventive formula
- Lasting formula
- Low odor formula
- Fine mist with deep penetration
- Attacks all stages of fleas
- Does smell chemically
5) BASF 671858 PT Ultracide Flea Insecticide Aerosol Spray
The PT Ultracide Pressurized Flea and Tick Insecticide Spraycombines three effective flea insecticide ingredient that attacked fleas effectively and thoroughly. Its Pyrethrins content gives flea a fast knockdown, Permethrin provides ongoing control and the Pyripoxyfen content helps break the life cycle.
On top of killing fleas and ticks, it also prevent re-infestation for up to 7 months.
- Up to 7 months of continuous protection
- Dries quickly
- Targets all flea and tick life cycle
6) Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray
The Adams Flea and Tick Home Spray features a combination of flea and tick killing ingredients that’s designed for specific use at home, in apartments and attics.
This home spray can be used on all types of fabrics and can get to fleas hidden in rugs, carpets, upholstery, and even pet bedding. On top of fleas and ticks, it also kills mosquitoes, bed bugs and other pests. One treatment provides up to 7 months of protection against larvae fleas.
>> Available in these versions: Home treatment, Cat treatment & Dog Treatment
- Kills fleas in all life cycle
- Also kills other listed pests
- Protects from baby Flea for up to 7 months
7) Enforcer Flea Spray for Homes
The Flea spray for homes by Enforcer features a special combination of ingredients that kills flea larvae, eggs and adult fleas. It can reach fleas hiding in tiny floor cracks and inside rugs, carpets, rugs and drapes.
- Kills all stages of flea
- Contains Flea Growth Regulator
- Up to 7 months protection
8) Wondercide Flea and Tick Control Spray (for Cats, Dogs and Home)
This Flea and Tick Control Spray by Wondercide features cedar oil and lemongrass oil as its active ingredients against fleas and ticks at home. Cedar oil blocks octopamine in flea and tick, causing a rise in blood pressure and eventually death.
This spray is a great natural alternative to the chemical based flea sprays listed above.
>> Available in these sizes: 4 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz & 1 gallon
>> Available in these version: Home Control & Yard/Garden Control
- Uses natural ingredients
- Kills all life cycle of fleas
- Non-staining formula
- Can be used on cats and dogs
- Peppermint scent
- Made in USA
Things To Note When Applying Flea Spray
Here are a few things to take note when it comes to applying bug spray on flea and ticks:
- Shake well before use
- Hold spray about 2-3 feet away
- Make sure to contact all surfaces that needs treatment
- Avoid diluting treatment area with other liquid substances
- Wear a respirator mask
>> Article: Fleas on Humans
Home sprays are just one of the many steps to get rid of Fleas and ticks at home. One of the most important factor is to identify what caused the invasion of these tiny and nasty creepy crawlers in the first place.
It is also wise to use a home spay in conjunction with an outdoor spray for yard and the garden to kill fleas and ticks before they even have the chance to set foot in your house. Lastly, do consider investing in a respirator mask when it comes to using spray applications where the pesticides will get airborne.
Have you tried using flea and tick spray at home? What’s your experience with it? Leave a comment to share your experience with us.