In this article, we have listed a list of the best flea comb for pet cats and dogs at home. Most of the combs are designed for both dog and cat use while some are produced specifically for dogs and some are for cats.
Flea combs are some of the best product to provide early detection of flea on your dog’s and cat’s hair. On top of being good for monitoring of flea activities, it also keep your the fur and coat of your pet dog and cat healthy and well groomed. If you are observant enough, it can even help identify any skin and coat problem your cat and dog might have.
>> Related article: Best Flea Shampoo For Dogs
For dog and cat already infested with flea and flea eggs, it’s great to use flea comb after treating your pet with flea powder or flea shampoo.
- Pet Republique Dog & Cat Flea Comb
- Zelta Pet Grooming Flea Removal Comb For Cats & Dogs (w Non-Slip Handle)
- 1st Choice Honbay Flea & Lice Combs for Pets (Double Sided Design)
- Safari Pet Flea Comb for Dogs (w Double Row)
- SENTRY Flea Comb for Dogs
- SENTRY Flea Comb for Cats
- Oster Animal Care Flea Comb for Cats
How to Use Flea Comb for Cats and Dogs?
Place a glass of water by the side. As you comb through your pet dog or cat and it catches fleas or flea eggs, simply dip the comb into the cup of water to get them off (in turn drowning the fleas). Do note to fill the water high enough to cover the flea comb.
For better killing effect, use mild detergent, hand soap, alcohol or even vinegar in it. Do ensure your pet is not sensitive to the substance your mix into the water.
1) Pet Republique Dog & Cat Flea Comb
This Dog & Cat Flea Comb by Pet Republique features quality, flexible and fine pins that removes flea, ticks. mites, debris and even flakes of dandruff from your beloved pet dogs and cats.
On top of flea and tick removal, daily use of this flea comb can also help reduces pet hairs on your furniture, bed and around the house.
The handle is ergonomically designed and the strength of its bristles is tested to reduce any risk of causing harm to your pet when brushing fleas and ticks off your pet.
This one size fits all (ie small, medium and large cats and dogs) flea comb comes with 30 Days refund or replacement guarantee and two-year warranty from the date of purchase.
The seller donates 15% of profits to the AARS (American Animal Rescue Society). An organisation that rescue abandoned cats and dogs. They also offer free standard shipping within USA.
- One size fits all
- Holds comfortably
- Good quality
- Great handle length to hold
- Clear instructions printed
- 30 days money back / Replacement
- 2 years warranty
2) Zelta Pet Grooming Flea Removal Comb For Cats & Dogs (w Non-Slip Handle)
This flea removal comb by Zelta Pet Grooming features tightly-spaced comb teeth made with zinc alloy that is effective in get rid of fleas on your pet.
Apart from removing adult fleas, their comb is also effective in detecting flea eggs and larvae from the fur of your pet dog and cat.
Its comb teeth has smooth and rounded edges that run gentle on the pet’s coat of fur. This ensures your pet does not get hurt during brush.
Each purchase comes with 2 pieces of flea removal comb that have non-slip plastic handle design that’s easy to grip and use.
- Made with stainless steel
- Comb teeth are sturdy and grips well
- Can be used for grooming (ie removal of blackhead)
- Comes with two combs
3) 1st Choice Honbay Flea & Lice Combs for Pets (Double Sided Design)
The 1st Choice Honbay Flea and Lice comb features a double sided comb teeth design. This flea and lick comb works on both softer type of pet fur and coarser type of fur.
Each comb measures about 8.8cm in length, 5cm in width and 0.3cm in thickness (making it easy to be hidden in the hand such that your pet dog doesn’t see you with it).
Each purchase comes with 4 combs in assorted colors (can keep a piece in different area of the house). It’s light color used makes it ideal for the spotting of fleas and ticks on your cat and dog pet.
- Value for money (good price)
- Works on both thick and thin pet fur
- Bright color (easy to spot fleas)
>> Best Flea Comb for Dog
4) Safari Pet Flea Comb for Dogs (w Double Row)
The SAFARI Dog Flea combs features a double row comb teeth design that not only effectively remove fleas, but also help removes debris and provide early detection to any fur, coat and skin problems that your dog might have.
This flea comb works on all dog breeds with both short and long hair.
- Some short-hair breeds include Terriers, German Shepherds, Beagles, Boston and Retrievers.
- Long-haired breeds includes Yorkies, Bichon Frise, Maltese, Lhasa Apso and Pomeranian.
>> Available in these sizes: 1 pack & 2 pack
- Can be used on all breeds of dog
- Double row teeth design
- Helps detect any skin issues in the early stages
5) SENTRY Flea Comb for Dogs
The Dog Flea Comb by SENTRY is designed to remove both adult fleas and their eggs while also getting rid of fine dust and debris hidden in your dog’s fur. Its ergonomic handle design also help user grip on more comfortably while combing their dog’s hair.
Looking at the review, it seems that this comb works better on short hair dogs than long hair ones.
- Picks up both adult fleas and flea eggs
- Removes dog debris
- Comfortable handle grip design
- Does works on cats with short & thicker hair
- Comb teeth might bend out of shape
>> Best Flea Comb for Cat
6) SENTRY Flea Comb for Cats
Here’s another flea comb from Sentry. Similar to the version for dogs, this flea comb for cat by Sentry combines the ability to remove fully grown flea and tiny flea eggs. It also picks up tiny cat fur debris with ease thanks to its narrow gap comb teeth.
>> Related article: Best Flea Collar for Cats
- Filters out grown fleas and eggs
- Removes tiny dust and debris
- Does work on dogs with very fine hair
- Comb teeth might bend out of shape
7) Oster Animal Care Flea Comb for Cats
The Oster Animal Care Flea Comb for cats has a unique feature in its design where the teeth can be turned 90 degrees away from your cat’s skin, allowing the comb teeth to be kept parallel to the skin when you comb. This prevents any chances of scraping on the cat skin during the treating and grooming process.
Its comb teeth are made with steel metal and its tines are short enough to penetrate the cat fur and touches the skin, before running it down it’s body.
On top of filtering flea eggs and fleas, the comb also removes loose fur and picks up any types of cat debris like foxtail and dirt on your cat.
>> Available in these sizes: Single & 2 pack
- Metal comb teeth
- Fits into the palm of hands nicely
- Removes fleas and flea eggs
- Filters dirt and cat debris
- Works fine on sensitive cats too
The flea comb for pet cat and dog is one of the best investment and pet holder. If your pet is heavily invested, be sure to go for metal comb teeth as they are proven to be more effective in filtering out flea and their eggs.
Invest in a good flea comb, take good care of it and they can serve your beloved pet for a long time. With consistent use, your pet’s fur will actually become shinier and healthier on top of helping to monitor for any flea activity. They can also your pet remove some of the undercoat in summer when they are shedding.
>> Also read: Best Flea Spray for Home
Have you tried using flea comb to get rid of fleas on your pet cat or dog before? What’s your experience with it? Share your experience with us by leaving a comment below.